3D Shots for Peanuts with Robert Rig
The Robert Rig is a 3D mirror rig for 3D stereoscopic shooting with DSLR cameras; it was designed and marketed by Jesse Blanchard from GoatAndYeti (Portland, OR, USA). Mechanical setup is fast and simple and the cost is contained (2,500 $).
For the past two years Jesse Blanchard has worked in Stereoscopic 3D, designing and building his own 3D camera system. His first 3D short took home the Best of the festival prize at the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival, so he decided to sell his design. A Robert Rig is only a few clicks away...
The Robert Rig allows you to use the HDSLRs you are comfortable with to shoot outstanding 3D. Get your camera as close as you want to your subjects and utilize the power and expressions of large sensors sizes. Over two years of design and testing went into making this the most affordable and elegant 3D beamslitter rig on the market.
Robert Rig = Simplicity
Simple & Symmetric = Lower Cost & Stronger Rig.
By making the design simple and completely symmetric GoatAndYeti have eliminated cost and want to pass the savings on to you. Despite being custom milled from aluminum, the Robert Rig is more afordable than other 3D rigs made from off-the-shelf parts.
One Wrench To Rule Them All
Adjust every parameter on the rig with just one wrench; fully disassemble with two. Set both camera's IO in seconds with locking levers.µ
- Fits most HDSLR cameras (Canons, Panasonics, Lumix, etc)
- Dimensions: 7.5" Tall, 11.25" Wide, 8" Deep
- Material: 1/4" Matte Black Anodized Aluminum
- Tripod Mounts: 1/4"-20, 3/8"-16, & Locator Pin Hole
Camera Mounts & Slides
- Camera Mounts: Reversible 1/4" through hole & 1/4"-20 threaded
- Camera Battery door accessible
- Locking levers on slides
- Adjustable tension on slides
- Industrial Rubber mounting surface
- Interocular Scale with reversible Inches/Meters & Custom Scale
- Removable French Flags & Eyebrow with adjustable tension hinges
- 2 Additional 1/4"-20 holes for mounting accessories
- Inching mechanism for mirror tilt adjustment
- Patent pending axis isolation adjustments
- Fully adjustable with one tool
- Fully assemble with two
- Ships assembled and calibrated
Visit www.goatandyeti.com for more info.