3D Displays Market Will Soar Above $110,000,000,000 in 2020
According to a new report by Allied Market Research, the global 3D Display market is expected to reach $112.9 billion by 2020, growing 26.8% each year until then. TVs and smartphones will drive the 3D stereoscopic display market significantly by year 2020, contributing more than 2/3rd of overall market revenue collectively.
Report Title: "Global 3D Display Market - Size, Industry Analysis, Trends, Opportunities, Growth and Forecast, 2013 - 2020"
LEDs and OLEDs Will Dominate
Among all types of 3D displays which includes volumetric, stereoscopic and HMD; the stereoscopic and auto-stereoscopic displays should remain the most preferred type of 3D display due to their applications in TVs, smartphones and monitors. The LED backlighted LCD technology products are commonly used for 3D displays, which would experience further increase in its adoption due to compact and energy efficient solution against CCFL backlighting. The CCFL technology should be completely replaced by LED backlighting by 2015. The modern technology OLED would gain surge in terms of adoption, and experience fastest growth over the forecast period.
- Global market for 3D Display would grow due to increased adoption in applications such as smartphones, monitors, computers and HMDs during the forecast period (2014 - 2020)
- Head mounted displays market would grow with fastest CAGR of 49.9% during 2014-2020
- Stereoscopic displays would continue driving the global 3D display market over analysis period with more than 50% of revenue contribution each year.
- Adoption of OLED technology would increase rapidly in 3D display products, with a CAGR of 46.9% during 2014-2020
- Asia-Pacific would prove to be one of the most lucrative markets, in terms of growth. It should reach $49.5 billion by the year 2020, at a CAGR of 31.8% during 2014-2020
To view the report, click HERE.
About Allied Market Research
AMR is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based inPortland, Oregon, USA.