Kingdom Hearts 3D
3DS news percolated from the last Mahukari Messe convention held on December 17-18, 2011 in Tokyo, Japan: "Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]" is the name of the next instance of this ten-years old game that will be released in March 2012 (in Japan first; a bit later in the US and Europe) on the Nintendo 3DS autostereoscopic console. Square Enix just released an 8min trailer on YouTube visible here under (in 2D). We found also a 3D video in a remote corner of the YouTube labyrinth...
Square Enix develops and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS and TAITO branded entertainment content in Europe and other territories. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix Group boasts a valuable portfolio including: FINAL FANTASY (100 million units sold worldwide), DRAGON QUEST (59 million), and TOMB RAIDER (35 million), as well as the legendary SPACE INVADERS. Square Enix Ltd. is based in London, UK.
The mashup between the world of Disney and Square Enix sees King Mickey and Yen Sid preparing for an impending threat by Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, where they will face enemies and allies that have never been seen before. If they can successfully complete the task they are given, they will be deemed true Keyblade Masters.
The enemies in KH 3D are called Dream Eaters. Like in Final Fantasy XIII-2, these monsters can join your party. In your party, both Sora and Riku can engage in various team attacks with Dream Eaters. Several Disney-themed worlds are available, such as Pinocchio and Hunchback.
- Dual protagonists – Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- “Free-flow” action – Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds – Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut.
- Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
The Kingdom Hearts series
KINGDOM HEARTS is a series of role–playing games created through the collaboration of Disney Interactive Studios and Square Enix . Since the first KINGDOM HEARTS was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation®2 system, the series has expanded with several additional entries, and has shipped over 17 million units worldwide.
8 Minutes Video Trailer
3D Opening Video (non official)
Read the Square Enix Press Release here.