Gener8 Recruiting 3D Depth Artist
Gener8 (Vancouver, Canada) has one open position for a
Intermediate Stereoscopic Depth Artist
Stereoscopic Depth Artists have a unique and pivotal role within Gener8, bringing all the pieces of the pipeline together in our ground-breaking stereo software. Working with the Stereoscopic Supervisor, Depth Artists are responsible for the creative direction of Gener8′s industry leading 3D content, building the immersive environment that connects the audience with the story. They have exceptional spatial awareness and a strong grasp of current stereoscopic methodologies.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete Stereo Depth Passes for assigned shots to established quality standards.
- Together with Stereo Supervisor or Lead Stereo Artist, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
- Complete Stereo Depth Passes in proprietary software suite.
- Create supplemental stereo elements in Nuke using various conversion techniques such as projection and displacement.
- Perform all tasks associated with producing client ready depth submissions.
- Learn Stereo production methodologies and work with pipeline development to improve proprietary processes.
- Complete work within production scheduled timelines while maintaining constant communication with Supervisors and Production Staff.
- Reports to Stereo Lead.
- Proven ability to work closely in a small team with tight schedules.
- Ability to work self directed based on instruction from Supervisor and creative direction from Client.
- Ability to clearly communicate needs to other departments.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time well according to production schedules.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of a formal education course in the Arts or Sciences.
- 1 year of experience in feature film visual effects.
- Basic knowledge of stereoscopic concepts.
- Basic knowledge of conversion techniques including projection, displacement and time offsets.
- Demo reel required demonstrating strong artistic skills, including knowledge of perspective, scale, depth and composition.
- Intermediate knowledge of Nuke.
- Experience with Maya or equivalent.
- Experience with Silhouette or equivalent.
- Experience in a multi-platform environment.
- Experience with stereoscopic conversion pipelines is a plus.
- Scripting or programming experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Macintosh and Linux OS.
- Able to work evenings and weekends when required.
More info about Gener8 is available here.